Networking for Design Professionals CEU and Design for a Difference Contest Launch
Time: 9 – 10:30ish
Location: IMS Suite 185; Yogurt Bar and Tasty Treats Reception following in IMS Suite 190
Speaker: Kathleen Callahan
Topic: Networking for Design Professionals Whether you are just starting out or an established design professional, having an established and reliable method of creating new business is critical to success. This course provides a practical approach to effective networking as a way to develop contacts and generate new projects:
• The difference between networking and socializing
• The benefits of networking your business
• The different types of networking
• Identifying and targeting networking groups
• Planning a networking approach
• Making impact with your introduction (30 second elevator speech)
• Working the room and getting the most out of an event
• Networking etiquette: introductions, socializing, follow up
Topic: Design for a Difference Win $20,000 to Redesign a Space for your Favorite Charity!
Join INTERSOURCE, Inc., a member of the International Design Guild, as they launch Design for a Difference, an interior design contest that will give the winning design professional $20,000 in goods and resources to makeover a local charity of their choice as well as collaborating with celebrity designer, Mark Brunetz, of Clean House fame.
Four regional winners will also be selected and earn $2,500 in flooring for their charity while also having the opportunity to be a part of the make-over team on the grand-prize project and featured in the promotional makeover video.
Yogurt Bar and Tasty Treats Reception following the CEU and Launch in IMS Suite 190
RSVP: Kait Ziebell at 612-377-0499 or firstname.lastname@example.org